Tuesday, October 29, 2013

You only turn 21 once (flashback 4)

Another post-post as I have dubbed them...a backwards look of trying to retell what has happened on my adventures since my hiatus.

Perhaps it is the amount of free time with which I have found myself that calls me back...or the wanderlust, nostalgia, or a cry for help for someone to take me back to the place which felt like home.

____________________________________________

I made it to Paris and walked around with a lovely American lady I met in the hostel. We saw the Eiffel Tower at night...




Caroline and I palled around and her friend Christel, who lives in France, showed us Paris from the local's perspective. Absolutely gorgeous...I even got to use some of my French!


I ate my first Big Mac ever while in Paris...
I felt horrible afterwards.

On my birthday, I woke up to four men in my hostel room, so that was quite a shock...I quickly and quietly got ready in our shared bathroom and made a beeline for the exit to explore the city.

For my Grammie and Pap Pap
and one for sisterly love

Notre Dame!


Caroline and I went to the Palace of Versailles for much of the day. A sober birthday with somber travels and a beautiful day to say the least.


Joyeux anniversare pour moi!

How many millennials can say they went to Paris, alone for their 21st?



C'est ma vie et je t'aime beaucoup ;) 

Airport lunch: when beer is cheaper than water and soda

No comments:

Post a Comment