Thursday, February 11, 2016

Off to the Emerald Isle

FYI: if you want to bring your throwing stars on an international flight, you're more than welcome to, provided they are in your checked luggage.

As it's been a while since I've flown internationally, I'm brushing up on my TSA knowledge. Prohibited items of which I never would have thought to bring on a flight include, but are not excluded to:

  • Chlorine for pools and spas
  • Recreational oxygen
  • Tear gas
  • More than 3.4 oz of Maple Syrup can only travel in one's checked bag....
  • Brass knuckles must be in the checked bag
  • Cattle prods prohibited from entering the cabin, but okay in the checked luggage
  • No dynamite...ever
  • Vehicle airbags
Umm...what?

Oh, but pies and cakes are allowed in both carry-on and checked luggage. Good. I wanted to take stow some in the inside pocket of my floral bag... {kidding}.

I understand, it's all for safety. It's similar to those strange state-mandated rules such as no singing in the shower - at some point, these must have been necessary laws to enforce because someone was dumb enough to bring them.

Last-minute packing. Naturally....good thing I did check up on my noggin's memory as I was thinking a gallon-size bag of liquids was too good to be true. Even with my minimalist product-usage, this is going to be tight.

Essentials...good enough, eh?
Excitement is mounting!

No comments:

Post a Comment