Thursday, June 30, 2016

Love & Other Drugs

Happy pills would be much appreciated.

Nugget of joy

Knowing one's self is an intricate part of development and a skill that can profoundly enhance a better sense of awareness, further ensuring a more fulfilling life as one can prepare to offset the negative aspects.

As I continue my career with blah-blah-blah, I'm continuously finding my happiness in jeopardy as I slowly lose my gourd, one idiotic incident at a time.

Those who know me, know of my dissatisfaction in my present position, that awful feeling of stagnation in which I feel entrapped, enticed to stay by current salary and title name, yet dread simply going into the office. My coworkers keep me sane....and I'd do anything for my direct reports, yet feel ensnared by the lure of the current finances as I look ahead at the loans I'm presently taking out to cover the costs of my impending graduate school courses.



I believe having Loki here is what is keeping me grounded - I have more of a purpose. Taking care of him and giving him so much love and attention fulfills oh-so-many of my needs....

Have you ever looked at someone and thought how much you truly love them with all of your heart? I'm head over heels for my sweet, and mischievous, little feline and know I'd take out anyone and anything to keep my little booby safe and content.



We all have our little routines and Loki, or Bubbie, or Boob, or Sweet Face {depending on what comes out of my mouth when I'm excited to see his darling kitten entity} fits perfectly into mine. He's integrated himself quite nicely and is so entangled in my heart, I can't imagine being without.

The little things in life - those are the things for which we live. A pleasant, rewarding and satisfying job career should be one of them, but for now, I need isthat paycheck to pay for his kibble and cat litter {and General Tsao's for this kitty Mummy}.


As June flies past us and July swiftly approaching, I can't help but wish for a more exciting job which will allow for more traveling opportunities and more snuggle time with my kitty.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment