Thursday, September 8, 2016

Makeup 101

At 23, I'm finally beginning to move beyond the basics of makeup.

Walking amide the aisles at Sephora the other day, seeking my favorite mascara {they're real! lengthening mascara by Benefit Cosmetics}, and I simply felt overwhelmed, having never explored much further than mascara, liquid and pencil eyeliner, foundation for spot coverage, cover-up stick for same, and lipstick.

Today I made a big girl purchase of BB Cream, an egg-shaped blending sponge, eyebrow mascara, eyebrow pencil, and some darker highlighting pencil thing {I'll have to check the stick}. Oh, and replenished my liquid eyeliner - wet n wild's black Megaliner as it's super cheap and I go through it so quickly.

Initial thoughts:

  • what is so wonderful about this stuff that sounds like Star Wars-themed boo-boo ointment? {BB cream}
  • what is all of this stuff?
  • I just want to know how to contour
  • {multiple educated google searches}
  • why do women draw on extra eyebrow hairs? why am I?
Got home, attempted...wasn't terrible.



Future pictures may reveal the slow process of learning how to use them...in lieu of that: kitty pictures. Naturally.




xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment