Thursday, January 17, 2013

Weirdos and Wallabies



"'cause I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here?"

I just now realized that this is a Radiohead cover. And I have a general liking of Radiohead. How did I not know this? Hmm...maybe I should get out more....instead of sitting in and watching episode upon episode of Downton Abbey, my new addiction. P.S. I'm on season 2 now!! eh....according to the site where I watch them for free(!) so as to catch up.

Ingrid Michaelson, you and I could get along. I am a weirdo. I don't dress like everyone else; I don't think like everyone else. I trip over things and get excited when I don't rip my tights in the process [today's feat].

I wear my Nana's old fur coat because it's warm and cozy and pretty darn neat, a word from the former glory days of the US. I believe one should work their ass off and be rewarded instead of having this sense of entitlement as I've observed in many of my generation.

I applaud those who aren't afraid to be themselves, to be an individual. I implore those who feel stigmatized because they don't want to risk being seen as a little different, to be different. Pluck up, and tell people about your secret talent, wear that piece of jewelry from someone special at which some may not find appealing, be girly, try on overalls, wear a pretty PINK bralette with some vintage high-waisted pants.

Wear what you like because you like it, not to assimilate. Don't try to be someone else. As Oscar Wilde said, "Be yourself; everyone else is taken."


And stock up on band-aids.

Oh, and this looks simply terrifying. McDonald's is the Disney of fast food...it ruins everything outside its traditional services.

McDonald's Offers France a High-Calorie McBaguette
c/o Businessweek

P.S. Disney references is to its buying of Lucasfilm.
How. Could. You. Defile. Star. Wars.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that sandwich did look good though. lol!

    If you have time, please come by and check out my blog! And maybe follow?

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! love mcdonalds!
    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know and I'll follow you right back on GFC! :)

    http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you back now on GFC as Katarina! :)

    ReplyDelete