Wednesday, September 18, 2013

From London with Love

Although I'm not directly in central London, I guess Surbiton is alright....

I am quite enamored by England....it's such a lovely place!


Surbiton Station where a scene from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II were filmed. Oooooh oooh!

The inner child in me is beyond excited.



I went on a Harry Potter walking tour through London to see where some of the big HP scenes were filmed. Here is my first view of the Tower Bridge :) It was an authentic tour in that it rained poured.


It was perfectly acceptable to be a tourist that day. We already stood out in the crowd with our massive crowd clogging the walkways. St. Paul's Cathedral is just there behind me. It took 35 years to build!


The epitome of the trip...the whole reason for going....Platform 9 3/4


Traditional English meal of fish and chips and peas! I'm not generally a big fan of fish, but it was delicious. I may reconsider now...mmmm


My friend Kelsey and I didn't get a chance to tour Buckingham Palace since we were short on time, but we did get a few pictures of the palace. It was just beautiful...absolutely beautiful. I'm hoping to see the Changing of the Guard at one point. Fajer said to definitely make sure I get to experience it. 


The night ended at the Apollo Victoria Theatre to see Wicked. Wow.

Quickly falling in love with London.

It's just not the same as NYC no matter what anyone says....NYC is fun and exciting but definitely not a place I could see myself living. London has a much better appeal...interesting people as NYC has, but it's more of a livable city to me. I feel more at ease and less of a tourist albeit I know my way around NYC much better!

Hopefully I'll be a pro London navigator by the end of the semester...I seem to have already become the navigator here.

No comments:

Post a Comment