Saturday, November 21, 2015

Winding down from pre-Thanksgiving

Boo, it wasn't pay week.

On the plus side, after a semi-hellishly busy week, I came home to find a lovely letter from my favorite gingey in the mail. Heidi letters have become something to which I highly look forward to receiving in the mail as they always seem to arrive juuuuust as I need them aka when I've had a bad night or ready to collapse from exhaustion....or low blood sugar.

Busy day calls for no pants.
{Leggings are not truly pants}
Despite the near-fainting spells at work {that means I'm working hard, doesn't it??}, I feel this past week has been a productive one. Have you ever felt so busy that the hours seem to simply float past, one thing after another, yet it would be damn near impossible to rattle off a laundry list of all that was accomplished because there was SO MUCH done?

I actually styled my hair for once this week!
Now, I simply have to relearn my body so as to avoid fainting in an elevator....hurrah for these strong, lean arms to hold onto and large pieces of equipment which can bear my weight as I feel my vision tunneling and my body collapsing, internally feeling as though the whole world is caving in...

My mum, sis, and Superman have told me I should see a doctor {I know, I should} but I'm as stubborn as an grown-ass man - *hint, hint* I don't go to the doctor's unless I'm at death's door and even then it's debatable. Stress will slowly subside, I hope, and with adequate sleep {and kitty snuggles}, I'll be back up and running in tip-top shape.

On the plus side, I managed to look semi-okay this week...or not. You be the {hopefully gentle} judge of that.


In these frames, I wanted to show off the BA Obi-wan Kenobi lightsaber umbrella Tree had given me for my birthday - wrapped up in wrapping paper which resembled tree bark, no less. This Jedi Master felt pretty darn loved by all of her friends and family for her birthday, even weeks after the fact. Maybe people still like me at 23 despite what Blink-182 thinks....and if not, well, haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. Potatoes gonna potate, tate, tate, tate, tate.


Wrapping up my week with a still of geekdom heaven: putting together my sister's new independence, one electronic element at a time. Surrounded by cables and parts, I could totally appreciate the giddiness and happiness experienced by Lovely when he's putting together a new gadget....

And that's a wrap. But after leaving here, check out Alessia Cara because she's pretty dang fabulous. Here describes how I have often felt at a party - awkward and very much an outsider and ready to hightail it out of there to go have my own party.

No comments:

Post a Comment