Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Loner Living Downsides

"It's amazing living alone. It's like a refuge." -Paloma Faith

"I had already found that it was not good to be alone, and so made companionship with what there was around me, sometimes with the universe and sometimes with my own insignificant self; but my books were always my friends, let fail all else." -Joshua Slocum



As I flitted about the apartment this morning - okay, I spent most of my morning in bed catching up on virtual life and editing old posts in which I missed a word or two that were in my head but didn't quite translate into my typing fingers from my brain....no matter, I also danced about in a blanket, doing menial little tasks such as cleaning up and organizing, too lazy to put clothes on again but too lazy to go through with the whole ritual of a shower, realizing how freeing it is to live alone.

However, as my mind tends to wander and create silly little lists I never truly write down, running dialogues never uttered, I actually decided to put use to these thoughts so as not to lose them the instant my fingertips began smacking upon the well-worn keys on my ol' faithful laptop {together since 2011 and through multiple crashes, from which it's been miraculously saved by Lovely every.freakin.time}.

  • Fear of running out of TP while in the bathroom - there have been several times I was nervous as I was actually staying hydrated by drinking H2O and having to run to the loo so stinkin' much 
    • Why do you health nuts do this to yourselves?? 
  • Hearing footsteps somewhere around the house {split into separate apartments} and I'm alone in bed...umm, no, not getting up for monsters 
  • Irrational fear that I'll forget to turn off the stove/oven {even when I haven't turned it on all day} & no one will be able to go inside to turn it off 
  • Realizing I have to get out of cozy bed to turn off the light & risk those 5 seconds of potential danger of being attacked by a gremlin in the dark 
  • Having to kill bugs by myself :( 
    • I hate centipedes, but happily squish stinkbugs 
  • Grocery shopping for one can be a real pain in the arse - sure, more for me mwahahahaha, but sales on things I want will occur only on bulk items or items only available in such & such a size, the smallest of which would take me 5 years to consume 
    • i.e. butter & milk - only suitable for making Mac&cheese 
  • My lone toothbrush looks ridiculous in a holder built for 4 
  • I have a step stool for in the my kitchen because I can't reach the top shelves....okay, I could and totally would climb onto the counters, but Mum so kindly thought ahead for me 
  • No one with whom to split the cleaning....I ♥ vacuuming, but dusting? Yuck. 
  • No one to pick up the mail when I'm lazy AF out of town for work/adventures 
  • "Living alone makes it harder to find someone to blame." -Mason Cooley 

Silly list for a whimsical, lazy day off {albeit are any of my days truly lazy if I'm accomplishing something, such as this list, eh?}.

Well, my wine won't buy itself nor the latest issue of Seventeen read itself soo...auf Wiedersehen and enjoy the sunshine if you're so blessed to have some on this crisp autumn day!

No comments:

Post a Comment